Saturday 1 December 2012

Cake Pops


So I've been hearing about these cake pops for a while now and wondering what all the fuss is about.  Well.. let me tell you.  They are amazeballs as my son would so eloquently say... and they are dead easy to make.


 
Just mix your batter


Put a heaped teaspoon into each area of your cake pop machine.  I bought mine from BIG W but I think you can get them all over the place.
DON'T OVERFILL.  Cakes will only take 6 minutes to cook.  Yeah Baby! 6 Minutes!! 








Voila! Now let them cool..

  

For my first batch, I used melted butter and cinnamon sugar.  Ahhhhh aaaaaahhhhhh.............. <choir of angels singing silly> 

Do you people realise how long it has been since I've eaten a real donut?  I'm not kidding when I say, this tastes like the real deal people.  It was a deeply religious experience.


So much so, that I ate quite a few and felt a little bit ick after..





You can use your favourite GF cupcake recipe for the batter or a GF cupcake mix like macro gluten free cupcake mix for example that you can get from Woolworths or there's a recipe at the bottom that came with the machine..








Decorate. Decorate. Decorate.
Go Crazy.



Just a word of warning.. here's the word.. ok here's two.. in moderation


Right then.. I'm off to do 10 laps of the block



There are plenty of GF sprinkles and decorations about.  Here's just a smattering below - found at your regular supermarket.  Oh and just a point.. my machine came with re-usable cake pop sticks but if you damage or lose any, rest assured that you can buy more from cake decorating shops or online.  Happy dayz :)






Gluten Free Cake Pops Recipe
(courtesy of KAMBROOK)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup gluten free self raising flour
1/2 cup gluten free plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 x 59g free range egg
60g butter, softened
Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients for 2 minutes.






3 comments:

  1. DELISH! Love the Donut-style ones. I did these for F's birthday a couple of years ago using Oreo cookies and they were "Amazeballs" too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, my daughter is 1st birthday party is this weekend so I might try these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Anne - I find they are great for little people as they are just the right size. Sometimes cupcakes are a bit too big for little tummies or the icing mysteriously disappears and the cake is left naked :)

      Delete