1 Tbs EV Olive Oil
1/2 cup Gluten Free Plain Flour
1 Tbs Italian Herbs
1/2 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
2 Cloves Garlic
500mls Gluten Free Chicken Stock
2 large Brown Onions
2 Large Carrots
1/2 bunch Celery
1 can Italian Cherry Tomatoes
1. Pre-heat slow cooker - on LOW setting.
2. Combine Flour and spices in large dish.
3. Coat shanks in flour mixture - shake off excess.
4. Heat oil in large fry pan and brown shanks - do 2 at a time so as not to overcrowd pan.
5. Add 1/4 onions to each batch - transfer shanks and onion to slow cooker and repeat process with remaining shanks and onion.
6. Whilst shanks are browning, chop carrots and celery into a large dice.
7. Once all shanks have been browned and transferred to slow cooker, add diced vegetables garlic and chicken stock.
8. Leave to cook on low for approx. 6 hours adding 1 tin of Italian cherry tomatoes an hour before cooking complete.